If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, May 27, 2013

ABC Radio National

 

A day without ABC Radio National would be unthinkable for me as it keeps the grey matter occupied. Take today for example: where else could I get, all in the span of a few hours, a recap of America's darkest medical history - which is, of course, very much the story of the "Leper Priest" Father Damien - read more here and hear about the story of the BIRO ballpoint pen and have my attention drawn to the latest books, such as The Last of the Vostyachs ?

Hearing about James Wood's The Fun Stuff made me search for his book which I ordered after having read this review.

My nightcap for the day is Phillip Adams' Late Night Live at 10 past 10 before I drift off to sleep.