If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, December 15, 2014

An end-of-year memo from my office

It's so quiet in the office today, I can hear myself not working

 

December already? Really? Where has the year gone? We all have the same 24 hours in a day but our perception of it differs, even in retrospect, when the year seems to have passed faster than the one before and yet, day by day, it was a bit like Waiting for Godot.

You know that bit, don't you, when Vladimir celebrates passing a small amount of time to which Estragon replies: "It would have passed in any case" and when Estragon celebrates passing a small amount of time, Vladimir replies: "Yes, but now we'll have to think of something else."

I wish I could tell you that I've travelled the world or discovered a latent talent for painting or poetry or music but all I did was built a 'Clubhouse' by the pond and a 'Pizza Hut' for our cottage guests and (almost) completed the kitchen renovation. And that's it for 2014.

To sum up life at Riverbend: Nothing happens. Twice.