If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What real estate agents won’t tell you

 

Consumers can now buy and sell their homes online at a fraction of the cost of an agent by using websites such as PropertyNow.

This site acts like a virtual real estate agent. Depending on how many bells and whistles you’re prepared to pay for, it helps you to arrange professional photographs, a for-sale board at the front of your house and even provide the vendor with general over-the-phone advice when negotiating with buyers.

Many people have already learnt that marketing your home isn’t really that hard. Hundreds of thousands of properties are listed for sale through the portals www.realestate.com.au, allhomes.com.au and domain.com.au. Some consumers are even using Facebook and Twitter to sell their homes.

I mean, who better to sell my house than me? I know the best place to have a coffee and take in the morning sunrise. I know where all the local amenities are. I am able to sell the emotional attachment I have to the house; the agent doesn't have any. I can give the interested buyer what no agent can: a vivid account of what it’s like to live in the property and neighbourhood.

Try me!