If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Fortunate Life

 

After watching the screen adaptation, I read A.B. Facey's autobiographical novel "A Fortunate Life" again, which he began writing in later life at the urging of his wife and children. It was published in 1981, just nine months before his death, and became an instant best-seller.

The book ends with these words, "I now wish to end this story ... I have lived a very good life, it has been very rich and full. I have been very fortunate and I am thrilled by it when I look back."

What a lovely note on which to end a book and a life. When my time comes, I hope someone will put the same words on my tombstone. I wouldn't change a word, except to replace the comma with a semicolon.

 

"I have lived a very good life; it has been very rich and full. I have been very fortunate and I am thrilled by it when I look back."

 


Googlemap Riverbend