If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans

 

I wrote elsewhere of my brief flirting with turning my back on the world and joining the alternative lifestyle with the promise of getting away from it all, living a simpler life, and making new friends. Luckily, I stopped digging just in time - click here.

One friend from that encounter was Uta Langer who eventually rejoined the human race but not before we had lost contact. Some idle googling on a rainy morning came up with the above painting and this very contemplative piece of poetry, both by her, together with an address.

Lou Payet, Nicole Sullivan and Uta Langer, all of Yamba, in 2010

 

Like her, having plenty of time, I penned her a short postcard to let her know how much I enjoyed her poetry and to wish her all the very best.


Googlemap Riverbend