If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Huge fire raging just outside Melbourne

 

If you're one of the few educated readers who read beyond the screaming headline, let me assure you that there's no need to fear for the well-being of your mother-in-law in Toorak: the "raging fire" is my annual burn-off and "Melbourne" is my little sleep-out at the very bottom of our seven-acre property.

Of course, I'm a past master at burning, especially bridges, the last of which I burnt when I came down to "Riverbend" to retire here but - to stretch the metaphor - it's still better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick. The tourist boat has passed which means it's lunchtime.

 

 

Just another day in Paradise!


Googlemap Riverbend