If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 7, 2023

What on earth could be more luxurious than a blazing fireplace, a comfortable armchair, a large cup of steaming-hot tea, and a very long book?

As you can tell from looking at the mantelpiece, I am not a minimalist when it comes to home decorations as I simply had to find a place for all the detritus accumulated during a long and hectic life when I lived mostly out of a suitcase. I am making up for it now!

 

I hate a cold and rainy day but it's a wonderful excuse to sit in front of the blazing fire with a cup of tea and read a book. I can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.

Friends from the pool were going to call in but, quite sensibly, on account of the inclement weather - "crappy" was their much more fitting description - they called it off which meant that the Glühwein, the tzatziki, and the custard tarts went back into the fridge.

But the fire keeps blazing, and it will keep blazing until I have finished the book because I never use bookmarks. Bookmarks are for quitters; I read a book in one sitting. It's what I like best: to sit by the blazing fire, to read a book, to drink lots of cups of tea, and to learn about things.


Googlemap Riverbend