If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Weather or not

 

No walking this morning as I can't find my water-wings! It rained most of yesterday; it rained all through the night; and it's still raining at seven o'clock this morning. Water, water everywhere which drives me to want a drink!

First a nice hot cup of tea laced with honey followed by a steaming bowl of porridge which right now is still bubbling away on the stove. Pity it isn't quite cold enough yet to curl up in front of a roaring woodfire, but curl up I will with a good book in my recliner chair by the window, with an occasional glance at the dinghy which is my floating rain-gauge.

Weather or not, this is just another day in Paradise!


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. By way of a heads-up, a friend in the U.K. sent me this photograph he took last Sunday at Stonehenge where they put the clocks forward by one hour. The same, albeit in reverse, will happen here tomorrow.