If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, June 30, 2023

“Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man”

 

I've just discovered the author Michael McGirr, a former Jesuit priest turned writer. "Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man" seems to have worked with him. After having read his book "Bypass", I've just now ordered "Books That Saved My Life", "Ideas to Save Your Life", and "Things You Get for Free".

 

 

All of which comes on top of the "re-homing" of books I did on Monday after I'd dried myself off from two hours spent in the warm-water pool and picked up "Strange Days Indeed" by Francis Wheen; "12 Rules for Life - An Antidote to Chaos"; Nassim Nicholas Taleb's "Antifragile - Things That Gain from Disorder" (which cost me a whole $12); and "Slouching Towards Utopis - An Economic History of the Twentieth Century" at two op-shops, one in Moruya, the other in the Bay. Of course, I could've read them online at archive.org but who can read 500 pages on the screen?

 

 

All I have to do now is find the time to read them all!


Googlemap Riverbend