If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, March 1, 2024

I'm cornering the market

 

David Stratton may think it's only worth one-and-a-half stars, but whenever I find an old copy of THE CASTLE I snap it up (as well as WAKE IN FRIGHT and THEY'RE A WEIRD MOB and any other old-fashioned Aussie movie). I think I've just about cornered the market on them.

Having just found another copy of THE CASTLE (no, not Franz Kafka's THE CASTLE; I know you'd never read it) and OYSTER FARMER, my fossicking for pre-loved DVDs and books at the local Vinnies came to a sudden end when Padma burst in demanding my urgent assistance.

She had met some old friends, Bill and Rosie, who were old friends in both senses of the word, with Bill just having had a black-out on his walking frame. She wanted to drive them back to their retirement village but the walking frame was the non-collapsible type which wouldn't fit into the back of our small FORD Focus. Could I follow them by "walking" Bill's walking frame? Of course, I jumped at the chance of trying out what may be my lot in not all that many years from now!

I must've looked the part as no-one gave me as much as a second glance; however, I think I shall equip my own model with a claxon.


Googlemap Riverbend