If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, March 31, 2024

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." — Henry David Thoreau

 

This little wooden cabin cruiser has been anchored off "Riverbend" since yesterday and I think I know what its occupant is after: peace and quiet and a bit of solitude which is what I'm getting by the bucketful today because Padma has gone to the Bay for an "Easter Breakfast" with some friends. All that peace and quiet to do what I want to do when I want to do it!

Cooking my porridge was first on the list; then feeding the resident possum-mum and her joey; then feeding the ever-increasing number of water fowls by the pond, including a very fat goose which seems to have adopted us as her new home; then cutting up bits of corned beef for the flock of kookaburras that arrive regularly by mid-morning; then Gonzo the resident water dragon climbed onto the verandah to claim his share.

 

 

After all those chores, it's time for me to relax while watching a movie. "Mit dem Zug von Berlin nach Peking" offers just the right mixture of "Fernweh" and "Heimweh" because, unlike the occupant in the little cabin cruiser who has since weighed anchor and gone, I'm not going anywhere. I am exactly where I want to be: at home, avoiding people.


Googlemap Riverbend