If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, May 18, 2009

(Breakfast) Food for Thought

SANITARIUM has good reason to be patriotic: the Australian taxation office exempts it from company tax as it is owned by the Seventh-Day Adventists (during my days in New Guinea better known as the Seven-Day Alcoholics). My advice to you, "Start a church before you start a business." To which you might reply, "Is there a difference?"   "Touché!"

Australia with a population of some 21 million people has over 700,000 not-for-profit organisations or charities, all of which are tax-exempt. That's one charity for every 30 people. I know some 30-odd people (should I have written this without the hyphen?) none of whom run a charity so it must be my turn. What sort of charity (tax-exempt, of course!) could I start? The Society of Old Bloggers - SOB for short - perhaps? With me as Chairman aka Big SOB!