If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 10, 2009

How times have changed!

My old "Volksschule" at Heinrichstraße in Braunschweig

Being back at "Riverbend" and having re-entered my state of reminiscing, I GOOGLEd for my old "Kaufmännische Berufsschule" (vocational school) in Germany at www.otto-bennemann-schule.de. I was surprised to find that my previous course of "Versicherungskaufmann" now requires "Abitur". "Abitur" is one stage below university degree whereas I did the same course from 1960 to 1963 after having just finished "Volksschule" (primary school).