If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A burnt-out case reading "A Burnt-Out Case"


Matching my current despondency is Graham Greene's "A Burn-Out Case". I have read it before, as I have read all the other Graham-Greene books which prompted me to GOOGLE for something "Greene"-ish I hadn't already read. What I found was a copy of "Shades of Greene" (don't you just love the play on words?) which is a collection of his short stories which were made into a television series by the BBC:

  • When Greek Meets Greek
  • Cheap in August
  • The Invisible Japanese Gentlemen
  • Special Duties
  • The Gentle People
  • The Root of All Evil
  • A Little Place Off The Edgware Road
  • The Blue Film
  • The Destructors
  • The Case for the Defence
  • Chagrin in Three Parts
  • A Chance for Mr. Lever
  • Alas, Poor Maling
  • Mortmain
  • A Drive in the Country
  • The Overnight Bag
  • Dream of a Strange Land
  • Under the Garden
Did I order it? You bet!