If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, November 19, 2010

I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there


One of my milestones was my work with Bechtel Corporation on the Bougainville Copper Project.

If you have been with Bechtel and want to track down some of your former colleagues and friends, the Bechtel Community Network may be the place to find them.

Through them I have just now tracked down my old boss from the days on the Bougainville Copper Project, Sid Lhotka. We last met in early 1982 over dinner at the old Papua Hotel (which was destroyed by fire in 1991 and is being replaced by the five-star Grand Papua Hotel).

Sid had come back to Papua New Guinea with Bechtel Corporation for the construction of the Ok Ted Copper Project, and I was busy setting up the administrative and accounting functions for Steamships-Swire Group's tug-and-barge operations which was contracted to Bechtel.