If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Still muddling, not through yet

 

My fencing job is slowly taking on shape! Like in life itself, you get the best ideas towards the end of the job after you've made all your mistakes.

I've got to bolt another twelve railings of 6 metres each, decapitate the excess lengths on top of the posts, and do my Vincent van Gogh impersonation by splashing green paint all over it.

Speaking of which, I was so taken by the limegreen leaves of some shadetrees in Batemans Bay that I bought two semi-advanced Robinia pseudocacia (which is Latin for 'the beautiful limegreen shadetrees I saw in the Bay and which I now can't live without').


They are a fast-growing specimen which, at my stage in life, are just what the doctor has ordered.