If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Every granny needs a nook!


In the new year we will start on the renovation of our old kitchen.


The plans are drawn up and the quotes are in. It took a while to find a kitchen installer who was willing and able to build an eat-in kitchen nook similar to these examples.

Now I have to find a supplier for a "Zugleuchte" (pull-down lamp) which I want to fix above the kitchen nook table.

In the 'fifties such lights were a common fixture in German households. Many were the nights when I did my homework at the kitchen table, with the "Zugleuchte" drawn down low onto my books.

It seems that they have become a lot more elegant and expensive since then as the one I tracked down costs well over €400.