If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The odds are against me!

 

The annual Melbourne Cup Hat Parade at Betty's place has always been a predominantly female gathering. However, some years ago Betty succeeded in persuading Kevin, Tony, Don, and me to act as judges.

Then three years ago, Kevin died and we were down to Tony, Don, and me.

The following year Tony went to the Big Bookmaker in the Sky and it was just Don and me.

Last year Don met his maker which leaves just me.

That's a pretty fatal pattern and I won't throw my hat in the ring for this year's Melbourne Cup Mad Hatters Party!


Today's Headline: