If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, May 4, 2015

Padma could talk with her tongue tied behind her back

Note the blue bottle. Padma always brings her own water in case they ever drain the pool

 

She's even been given her own lane at the Ulladulla Indoor Pool! I am in the lane next to her where I keep my head under water which is as good a sound barrier as you can get.

And when I'm out of the water, I keep my head inside one of the books I keep picking up from my favourite op-shop. This week's find includes a brandnew hardcover copy of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged with its thousand-plus pages which I last tackled a couple of decades ago after she'd won me over with The Fountainhead; a well-read (and obviously well-loved) paperback edition of Thea Astley's Drylands; and two slim Penguin volumes: Hermann Hesse's first successful novel Peter Camenzind, and Über Alles by the inimitable George Mikes in which he explores how Germans after the war not only rebuilt their country but also their attitudes.

P.S. I was in a pub and heard a couple of blokes saying that they wouldn't feel safe on an aircraft if they knew the pilot was a woman. What a pair of sexists. I mean, it's not as if she'd have to reverse the thing!