If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, August 14, 2020

Late for lunch

 

Not me! I am holding back on my lunch until Padma has come back from her visit to Mogo Zoo, where she went with a bunch of friends for morning coffee and to view some newly-born.

Started in the late 1980s by Sally Padey and her then husband with as little as $4,000, it was an uncertain journey for the zoo. At one point Sally was forced to sell her humble sedan in Batemans Bay for just half its value in order to pay mounting bills. She hitchhiked back to Mogo.

These days the zoo is owned by Sydney's Featherdale Wildlife Park who are taking it to new heights to equal that of their tower of giraffes (not sure if this is the correct collective noun, but it damn well should be).

One has just given birth to a baby giraffe, and Padma and her friends are there to see it stretch its neck. I think I'll stretch my lunch till then.


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. Padma is home again and all she brought me from the zoo is this: