If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, November 28, 2020

As close as realas

 

We have another inspection on Sunday. No inscrutable, bottom-fishing Chinaman this time, but a no-nonsense Australian couple who've just sold up in Bungendore and want to have a look at this place.

I said, sure, you can have a look, warts and all, as we won't be going out of our way to make the place look any better than it already is. Take it or leave it. If it doesn't sell this year, it'll sell for more next year after the water and sewer has been connected and the new bridge is built.

There was a time, years ago, when I knew exactly where I would go and what I would buy if this place ever sold. Now I'm not so sure, and the two places I looked at then, have since been sold (in fact, after having been on sale for several years, they've only just NOW been sold: in August and September 2020). Anyway, why would I want to be in a hurry to leave this place? I have never before felt so settled and comfortable.

In the meantime, I've checked with realas.com which is operated by the good people at the ANZ Bank, and their HIGH CONFIDENCE prediction of $2,113,000 isn't all that far from my asking price of $2,225,000 (and they based their valuation on a land size of 3617 square metres; what if I told them it's over seven acres, i.e. approx. 30,000 square metres?)

Anyway, thank you for your vote of HIGH CONFIDENCE, realas.com!


Googlemap Riverbend