If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, January 18, 2021

Just another day in Paradise!

Click on image for close-up

 

This bend in the river is always popular with boaties who want to spend a quiet night on the river and wake up to dazzling sunshine in the morning, and this cute little cabin cruiser, built in wood along traditional lines, was no exception.

By the time I had cooked the porridge and had my breakfast on the jetty, he'd upped anchor again, and I was left in my little piece of paradise in total solitude as Padma had also gone shopping in the Bay.

I did my own "shopping" after last week's big sell-down. Pity I hadn't done a complete sell-off because today BHP is down as low as $45.25. I bought back in again to cover myself after Goldman Sachs had raised its target to $48.70. The broker says that "BHP’s portfolio is in a very strong position" and forecasts a "circa 65% increase in EBITDA and doubling of free cash flow (FCF) in FY21". That's good enough for me.

And so the day unfolds, as the sharemarket goes up and down and then up again, and the river ebbs and flows and ebbs again. Quite soon it's lunchtime which is followed by an afternoon nap which is followed by afternoon tea which is followed by dinner. Just another day in Paradise!


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. but wait ... there's more: click here.