If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Will this time be different?

 

At a time when the world is at a crisis point, what with coronavirus, mounting conflict between America and the new superpower China, and - dare I say it? - climate change, you could be forgiven to think that the world's stockmarkets are in decline. You couldn't be more wrong!

Almost every day, both here and in the United States and around the world, the markets reach new highs. Once before I sold out completely. That was in the middle of last year, and I missed out on another big upswing. I bought back in again later, but again have sold down now (but not out), even though I may again miss out on another big upswing.

At a time when I suffer from too much age-induced insomnia already, I don't want to add to it by being exposed to too much of a financial risk.

Will a new boom sweep clean? Will this time be different?


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. But wait ... there's more! click here. And there's plenty of literature on the subject, too - click here (to read the books online, SIGN UP - it's free!, then LOG IN and BORROW).