If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, March 13, 2023

Vic at Vinnies

My friend Vic, 'Mr Video Ezy', at Vinnies

 

Who needs Video Ezy when there's Vic at Vinnies who can produce any DVD you want from his magical Aladdin's Cave at the back of the store. "Do you have a copy of 'Tora! Tora! Tora!'?" I asked, and there it was, in a 3-disc set with "The Longest Day" and "Patton", all for two dollars.

We've just come back from our morning swim, and while Padma tried to score a bargain at ALDI and Coles, I whiled away my time at Vinnies. You never know what you'll find; this morning it was a pristine copy of Don Watson's "Worst Words" and Peter Fitzsimons' "Gotta Love This Country" in an equally brand-new condition, and I simply couldn't pass up the pre-loved copy of William Boyd's "Bamboo - Essays and Criticism".

For visual treats, I picked up "Red Obsession", "Sully", and "The U.S. vs. John Lennon". I'm back home now with a cup of hot chocolate and a cinnamon scroll, and 'God's in his Heaven / All's right with the world!"


Googlemap Riverbend