If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, September 1, 2022

A play on nerves and a play on words

 

With BHP going ex-dividend today, I would've expected a fall of about 2.50 a share but here I was starring at the pre-market prediction of a fall of over $4, or more than 10%.

Just then Padma stuck a piece of paper in front of my face. "Look at this!" she said excitedly. With my mind still clouded by impending doom, I pushed it aside with the words, "Since when do you do any sewing?"

 

Sew much fun indeed!

 

"I don't, but look at the play on words!" she insisted. Play on words? In an ALDI catalogue, and detected by Padma? Something must've rubbed off on Padma and ALDI since she and they came to Australia in 2000!

It's a quarter past ten now and the market has been open for fifteen minutes. Yes, BHP shares are down, but by a more acceptable $2.85.

I feel sew much better!


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. It's ten past four, and BHP closed down $3.09 at $37.51. Phew!