If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, December 8, 2023

A stitch in time

 

We've just come back from town where I had my stitches taken out by friendly and efficient nurse Marie at the Batemans Bay Medical Centre. On the way back, Padma pulled in at the shopping centre to quickly grab a few groceries which almost had me in stitches again as I watched all those people frenziedly shopping for Christmas.

It made me want to dust off the old "Grumpy Old Women ar Christmas"-DVD as soon as I got back home. This may be my last chance to watch it; perhaps next year's copy will be "Grumpy transgenders at Christmas" or "Grumpy non-binaries at Christmas", with local plastic surgeons selling Christmas gift cards for "gender-affirming surgery". Queer new world!

I am excused from any Christmas-shopping as I still can't walk much. Friendly and efficient nurse Marie warned me that with the stitches out, I am still at risk of the wound re-opening. She covered it with a final bandage which is supposed to self-integrate over time. If I want to get it off any earlier, she said, I should first drench it in cooking oil.

Extra-virgin, of course!


Googlemap Riverbend