If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Overtaxed and over here

 

The country's biggest honey pot, the NDIS, lost $1.2 BILLION to overbillings and fraud last year; a staffer in Federal Parliament accuses another staffer of rape and collects a $1.3 million pay-out from the government; now the same government wants to add "gender-affirming" surgery to its Medicare rebate list. Plastic surgeons and trans-gender people of the world unite!

Am I a happy taxpayer? My latest tax assessment shows you just how happy I am. Having led a productive working life during which I paid large amounts of tax, I managed to build up enough of a nest-egg to finance my own retirement. Are they satisfied? Of course not! Now that I am "rich" - well, richER than those who didn't work much and didn't pay tax much - I am on the hit-list of a Labor government that thrives on envy: from 1 July 2025 they want to rob my self-managed super fund by imposing a tax on unrealised profits and doubling the tax rate to 30%.

If they think that I'm such a big dick that I will go along with all this, maybe I qualify for "gender-affirming" surgery myself? Or perhaps I won't and instead move my money to a more tax-friendly environment such or Malaysia or Bali where I can buy a house for a fraction of what it costs me here, live a comfortable life for a fraction of what it costs me here, get top-rate Western-style medical care for a fraction of what it cost me here, and live among neighbours who, in the unlikely event that they're as foul-mouthed as here, I will only understand a fraction of.

An Australian friend living permanently in Malaysia just emailed me. He's having breakfast at the local mall for less than the price of - what? (I've been trying to think of something cheap here but there's nothing left that's cheap here.) Go slow on that breakfast, Roy! I may join you!


Googlemap Riverbend