If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, December 24, 2023

What's she trying to tell me?

 

When choosing a Christmas present, choose something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read. Padma bought me two books which is something I want, something I need, and something I read. Three out of four isn't bad, is it?

The first book she chose is "The Courage to be Disliked" which is an amazing conversation between a philosopher and a young man. Having had the courage to be disliked all my life, I read it all in one sitting.

The endpage of the book advertises its companion book, "The Courage to be Happy". Maybe I have to wait until next Christmas for that one!

 

Listen to the full audiobook here

 

The second book she chose is "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman. I didn't have the courage to be disliked for telling her that I already had it; in fact, I bought a second copy at an op-shop not so long ago. I thought I may give it to someone else who may also be interested in this groundbreaking book on how our mind works but so far it seems that I'm too much disliked for anyone to have turned up to claim it yet.


Googlemap Riverbend