If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, February 26, 2010

I travel because I like to move from place to place

With a glass of Chateau Cardboard beside me, I am perusing the webpages of Greyhound Australia for some inspirational travel ideas.

And I think I have found it: a 45-day travel pass on any Greyhound coach from Sydney to Cairns, stopping over in as many places for as long as I like (within the overall 45-day time limit).

It's the journey, not the destination that matters to me, or as Somerset W. Maugham put it so well:

I travel because I like to move from place to place. I enjoy the sense of freedom it gives me, it pleases me to be rid of ties, responsibilities, duties, I like the unknown; I meet odd people who amuse me for a moment ... ; I am often tired of myself and I have a notion that by travel I can add to my personality and so change myself a little. I do not bring back from a journey quite the same self that I took.

And these are the odd people who may be able to amuse me on the way:

Manfred and Urs in Brisbane, do you read this?

Put a beer in the fridge for me, Andrew in Mackay!

We met on Thursday Island, Dave; let's get together again when I come to Babinda!

Jim and Brian in Cairns, you can fight over who will drive me out to the airport!