If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This week's social colander

"Riverbend"'s usual tranqillity has been postponed as I attend to various extramural activities.

On Thursday night I run a Bingo Night at the Tomakin Sports & Social ClUb as a fundraiser for the Marine Rescue.

On Friday I am selling raffle tickets in the Bay, also for the Marine Rescue.

On Saturday it's Radio Room Duty again with Marine Rescue.

And on Saturday I visit nearby neighbours (here's a bit of tautology for you but when you live in the country you do have nearby and far-away neighbours, not to mention the neighbours-from-hell) to be instructed in the art of chicken-feeding and -watering. They leave on a two-week trip to Tasmania and have entrusted me with the task of looking after the chooks during their absence. I've already done some preparatory reading ...