If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, April 11, 2014

Finally, I've been committe(e)d!

Click on image to enlarge

 

One has to have worked for the ANZ Bank for a minimum of 25 years before one can join their Retired Officers' Club. I had joined the Bank as a lowly bank teller and ledger examiner only weeks after walking off a migrant ship in 1965 - click here -, and stayed with them for just a bit over 25 MONTHS rather than years.

A couple of years ago, the Retired Officers' Club bent their rules a bit to allow me in, since when I have set up and been maintaining their blog which may explain why I received this email from the Club's secretary:

"Peter, the Committee have asked me to invite you to become a member of the Committee. (This was a unanimous decision of the Committee at our last meeting.) We appreciate that you will not be able to get to too many (if any) meetings or luncheons in Sydney, but in recognition of the level of your involvement with our blog site and as an acknowledgement of your hard work you would be very welcome. Please let me know if you would like to be a part of the committee and we can then get something into our next newsletter. By the way it is harder to get out of the committee than it is to be dropped from the Australian Cricket Team, so you could 'enjoy' the role for some time into the future!"

Following my 'meteoric' rise to blogmaster - 'blockhead' would be more appropriate - and committee member, my distinguished - and no doubt soon to be extinguished - smile has been added to the Committee's pictorial line-up. Finally, I've been committe(e)d!