If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Where you no longer count how many shirts you wear a week but how many weeks you wear a shirt

 

My trip up the Hawkesbury River is not far away - see here. It has many small and isolated communities along its banks which can only be reached by boat.

Have a look at this little beauty on Hawkesbury River Real Estate's website. The sort of place you can lose yourself in, just 50 kilometres away from Sydney.

Flick through the Image Gallery to whet your appetite! (No, I am not on a commission; I just love this place! ☺ )

Until you receive my full reportage on the trip, here's the full-length video clip of the movie Oyster Farmer which was filmed on the Hawkesbury River:

Part 1

Part 2

I love the scene with Jack Thompson as a Vietnam War veteran. I've watched it so often the DVD's got a hole in it.