If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

My 7th anniversary of a near-death experience

 

Wheels are made for rolling but the wheels of my old trusty TOYOTA Camry roll no more. On the 10th of May 2010 we were in town. The wife was driving. We were behind another car which slowed down. My wife didn't.

I yelled, "Hit the brakes!" She did. What a pity the pedal she stomped on was the accelerator!

The Camry is a write-off. My nerves too. However, living 8 km upriver from the Bay meant we needed a new car right away. So I went to a car dealer who asked me what sort of car I preferred. I said preferably something with four wheels. So we finished up with a FORD Focus Hatchback --- and a big hole in our bank account.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap