If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, August 21, 2020

Another bit of Australiana

 

Anything to do with Norman Lindsay's books is of interest to me - to wit "Age of Consent" and "The Magic Pudding"; anything to do with movies starring Sam Neill is of equal interest to me; a movie starring Sam Neill as Norman Lindsay is of even greater interest to me.

Thanks to YouTube, here then is "Sirens", a 1994 film based on the real life artist Norman Lindsay and set in Australia during the interwar years.

All I can say is "Enjoy!" I did!


Googlemap Riverbend

Other books by Norman Lindsay:
The Cautious Amorist
Pan in the Parlour
Mr. Gresham and Olympus
Every Mother's Son
Creative Effort