If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, August 16, 2020

My Pythagoran cup runneth over

 

A fter a lunch of pork chops, followed by a postprandial nap on the old sofa in front of the fireplace, followed in turn by pancakes covered in strawberries and cream, I am now reading Alain de Botton's very captivating book "Religion for Atheists" - my Pythagoran cup runneth over!

Finally, the boring debate between fundamentalist believers and non-believers is moved on by this inspiring book, which boldly argues that the supernatural claims of religion are of course entirely false – and yet religions still have some important things to teach the secular world.

As an atheist I know what I don’t believe in, but I don't know what I do. Perhaps de Botton will fill that gap. I'll let you know after page 312.


Googlemap Riverbend