If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

A yugen sort of morning

 

As a word nerd, I'm constantly amazed at the richness of the English language which, like a spongue, has absorbed words from so many other languages. It ought to absorb yugen as well. What a fine word to describe my feelings as I brew my first cup of tea and cook my porridge.

All work on my latest project, my out-of-the-wind-and-facing-the-westerly-sun-across-the-river reading nook and sunpatch, has stopped for a few days while my offsider is elsewhere which gives me time to consider the final touches and colour schemes and internal fit-out.

A very large glass sliding door facing the river will be installed next.

Then a small front patio, enough for a table and chairs, will be added.

The backwall is until last to prevent it from becoming a wind pocket.

I can see myself there, book in hand and a glass of wine in the other.

It'll be my "reading hut" to escape people. Unfortunately, I heard too late of the inbuilt turntable in George Bernard Shaw's "writing hut".

Watch this space for more photos after everything has been completed.


Googlemap Riverbend