If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

There's life after the LIFEHOUSE

 

Cancer. It’s a diagnosis that we all dread to hear. But with advances in technology and medicine, more and more people are living better and longer with that dreadful disease.

Last night's ABC TV's Catalyst program followed patients experiencing this new kind of cancer care at the Chris O'Brien Lifehouse where, three years ago, I myself underwent robotic neck and throat surgery under the capable hands of Jonathan Clark and his amazing surgical assistant Cate Froggatt (both of whom you can see in this video clip), and another six weeks of daily radiation administered by Chris Milross's friendly team.

 


Three years ago, just minutes before being wheeled in for the seven-hour surgery ...


... and half-way through my intensive radiation, helped along by Nick and Christine

 

Three years later, I'm here to tell the tale and to sing the praise of the Lifehouse and once again thank my personal heroes, Prof. Clark and Prof. Milross, with whom I have my next appointment in mid-August.


Googlemap Riverbend