If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, July 30, 2021

The best kind of neighbour

 

A very early and very cold morning at "Riverbend". I'd just opened the vent on the fire which is happily burning away again together with the porridge which is happily cooking away, and then I saw him - a new neighbour on the river!

I saw him anchoring there late yesterday, but I never thought he would stay through the night. Short of freezing to death, it must've been a very cold night for whoever it is that sought solitude on the river. He's the best kind of neighbour to have: here today and gone tomorrow!

We'll also be here this morning but gone to the Bay before lunchtime. Besides having our Thai lunch - with Padma having her usual 'Drunken Noodles' and I something unpronounable with prawns in it - I have a long shopping list and a list of other things I need to do in Bay; in fact, I now have so many lists, I make a list of all the lists I have so I won't forget.


Googlemap Riverbend