If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, July 29, 2021

No rest for the wicked

 

Another funeral to go to tomorrow but I've decided that from now on, with or without COVID, the only funeral I'll be going to will be my own. In the meantime, the work goes on ...

I've been busy cutting 195x20mm planks into smaller bits for my book-shelves in the "Red House", and then giving them a coat of white paint.

I also looked at vertical venetian blinds on the web and was blown away by the price difference between online shopping and buying the same blinds from a brick-and-mortar shop in town - who, incidentally, don't make those venetian blinds themselves either but order them online. So forget about those obligation-free measures and quotes and do it your-self: it's easy to do as - pardon the pun - even a blind man could do it!

Of course, the blinds are for the "Red House" which faces the blindingly westerly sun and needs blinds in the afternoon. Armed with the advice to "measure twice and order once" and a measuring tape - which, with the flick of a switch, recoils back all by itself which makes you think you're going to lose a finger each time it comes flying back, but they're the sorts of risks you're prepared to take as a home handyman - I came up with 2350mm high and 2160mm wide and an online price of $238.

 

 

Tomorrow is luncheon at our favourite Thai restaurant again, and I've also got a shopping list as long as my arm for BUNNINGS. And that will be it for another busy week at "Riverbend". You're welcome to visit me in my workshop but read the   WARNING    sign in the window first! 😀


Googlemap Riverbend