If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Morning has broken

 

I've fed the resident possum in his possum penthouse (with two homegrown kiwi fruit!), I've fed the wild ducks by the pond, and I've fed myself, and now I'm ready to face the world as circum-scribed by "Riverbend": trees and the early-morning sun reflecting in the river and the occasional fisherman drifting by.

Not that I'll be taking in those tranquil views for long, as we're off to the Bay for a spot of shopping: Padma at COLES and I at BUNNINGS. As always, Padma will drive the car while I open the gate and then madly run back to the house to make sure we've turned off the stove and the electric blanket, and shut down the fireplace, and locked the door.

Of course, I'm not alone in this. Right at this very moment, someone is running back up a driveway to tug on a door to make definitely sure they shut it when they left, and discovered that, as always, they did.

 


I almost forgot to give possum its second helping, a shiny apple, before we left

 

It does make sense to double-check some things, like a life-altering medical diagnosis, an important contract, whether you are supposed to cut the red wire or the blue wire, maybe even the exact wording of your wedding vows (although by that time it's usually too late), but time spent double-checking that you locked the front door as you left the house has always been a waste of time and we all know it.

On average, people will spend ninety hours of their entire lives going back to check that they've done something they already secretly know they've done - although I've just double-checked it and it's actually ninety-one hours. Talk to you again after I've got back from BUNNINGS.


Googlemap Riverbend