If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Keeping up with the Janus-faced

The Great Wall of Nelligen is becoming something of an attraction with sightseers as well as some local stickybeaks who wasted no time in lodging their complaints with the council.

As I am the nearest neighbour directly affected by the unsightly fence, it would only be natural if the intrepid fence-builders suspected me of having done the dirty deed. To nip such suspicion in the bud (or the butt, if you will), I told them that I am totally devoid of such Anglo-Saxon 'subtleties'. Should I ever have reason to complain about them, they would know who it is coming from as it would have my name written all over it.

In the meantime, I shall continue to navigate that blind corner created by the 2-metre high fence with the utmost care. And with the car window wide open so as to be able to listen out for any oncoming traffic. After all, wouldn't it be a laugh if we had a head-on collision in this lane which usually sees no more than one car a day?