If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, May 5, 2012

New neighbours

It's six o'clock on a Saturday morning and I have just been restoking the fires - no, not the ones in my loins but those burning at the bottom of the paddock - when I saw the outlines of a yacht through the morning mist.

She must've dropped anchor late yesterday and overnighted within cooey of the Nelligen Yacht Club. As soon as it has warmed up a bit - early mist on the river always heralds a warm day - I shall row across and introduce myself as Commodore-Secretary-Treasurer-and-only Member.

I've always liked tomatoes with my breakfast, even if they're rotten ones!

"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half as much worth doing as simply mucking about in boats'

Ratty, in 'Wind in the Willows'