If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, May 3, 2012

To the Big Bad Apple

The New York visitor to this blog who, judging by the frequency of his visits, has nothing else to do at work and in his life, will want to read this email I've just received:

Hello Peter

It's Debbie Wilson! I was so surprised to come across your wonderful site last night. I was feeling a little nostalgic for those wonderful times on Bougainville and googled fortunately I came across your site.

Read more ...

That makes it three times in as many weeks that long-forgotten friends have popped up out of the ether(net): first an old schoolmate from my German schooldays found me and sent this picture; then a girl whose secret admirer I had been in my days with the ANZ Bank in the late 1960s emailed me after having read my Barton House webpage; and now little Sweet-16-Debbie turns up with this email!

There must be something in the water!

P.S. Des, you find Debbie's email address on the "Read more ... " link.