If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Whispering Winds of Change

 

While in the Bay, I discovered this interesting book in my favourite op-shop. I had never heard of Stuart Wilde nor read any of his books. A quick GOOGLE search brought up several commentaries for and against him and I still have to make up my own mind about him.

Although I won't rush out to buy any of his other books, I did find some of his writing in Whispering Winds of Change quite compelling.

However, after last night's heavy rains it's time for something lighter: Alistair MacLean's Ice Station Zebra. No, not the book which I read many years ago during my Alistair MacLean/Hammond Innes/Wilbur Smith stage of life, but the movie with Rock Hudson, Ernest Borgnine and Patrick McGoohan: