If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The spatially challenged letting agent

 

The spatially challenged letting agent of my 'hole-in-the-wall' investment unit sent me this photo with the words, "Space at rear of bath not wide enough to take washing machine. Consider taking out bath and only have shower so laundry will fit." (I kid you not!)

Taking out the bath to fit in the washing machine? Wouldn't that give the word 'retrofit' a whole new meaning? I swallowed the words which would have been better fitting than the washing machine and merely replied, "I don't think we should go there! Most washing machines are deeper than wide; it might just fit by turning it 90 degrees, with the dryer placed on top since both are front-loading machines."

I just hope he reads my email before he starts on the bathtub-removal!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap

 

.