If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Shop no more!

 

My days of working miracles with a pound of mince and a couple of onions are numbered but I made one last 8-km dash into town to fill the gaping emptiness in the fridge before she-who-must-be-obeyed returns home.

Which reminds me: a Joseph Faller Sr. stabbed his wife Florence 219 times because she stacked the refrigerator full of vegetables, hiding the milk, and he wasn't going to stand for that any more. Stay tuned for more updates from "Riverbend"  ☺

Although I did buy some fruit and veggies which brings me to my next complaint: whose idea was it to shrink-wrap cucumbers? They come already wrapped - it's called skin! And who dreamed up the equally stupid idea of all those tiny labels on fruit? What's the point of it? We've carved a whole big chunk out of the ozone layer, felled hectares of rain forest, and soon won't be able to breathe, and all because someone decided to label each individual piece of fruit.

Anyway, I can stop trying to be friendly or good-looking and return to my usual catatonic stupor because from tomorrow I shall shop no more!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap