If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Never on Sunday


To watch this whole unforgettable movie with the unforgettable Melina Mercouri,
click here

 

Except this year when Bozenna's birthday falls on a Sunday. "Happy Birthday, Bozenna!" - or as they say on those eye-charts, "Wszystkiego najlepszego". Εβδομήντα πέντε today!

We all were a whole lot younger when we met in those halcyon days in the early 'eighties in Piraeus. You had answered an ad in the English language newspaper "ATHENS NEWS" in which I was looking for a "shipping person" who could do my many complex Laytime Calculations (for all you landlubbers, laytime is the period of time agreed between the parties - ship owners, charterers, cargo shippers and consignees - during which a chartered ship is available for loading / discharging without payment of additional freight, called demurrage).

Bozenna and Ted at my "home", the SAVOY Hotel

You did a wonderful job which saved my employer large sums of money and, on a personal side, you and your late husband Ted introduced me, a newcomer to Greece (I had just spent a miserable and very "dry" eighteen months in Saudi Arabia), to the many delights of Greek wining and dining. My many fond memories of Greece are entirely due to your wonderful friendship which has endured to this day!

Ted in full flight

Bozenna, as you start your celebrations, I shall open a bottle of Retzina, which I've kept for this special occasion, and drink to your very good health! Για την πολύ καλή υγεία σας!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap