If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Love at first sight

 

It was love at first sight when I discovered this retro-look radio at Dick Smith! So many memories for just $49.99! It took me right back to the early 1960s when I'd borrowed an almost identical-looking "Kofferradio" - "Koffer" means suitcase which just about sums up the size and weight of those early transistor radios - from my older sister. It helped me brighten up my evenings in a rented room far away from home and almost made me forget the old lumpy bed and primitive jug-and-bowl wash-stand.

This 'new' retro radio is authentic right down to the dial which shows all the old stations such as Hilversum, Budapest, and Luxemburg. Needless to say, I have it permanently tuned to a music station that plays Golden Oldies all day long!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap