If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Another bone-chilling early morning at "Riverbend"

 

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. I must've been very busy making other plans to finish up down here in the wintry south when all my life I had dreamt - nay, planned - to settle somewhere in tropical Far North Queensland. Too late now! (which will also be the title of my autobiography).

I've fed the king parrots on the verandah, the possum and her little joey in the Possum Penthouse, all the wild ducks by the pond house, and also gave an extra helping to the one-legged duck that waits patiently by the kitchen door, and I'm about to feed myself a big bowl of hot porridge.

All that's left to do now is to decide which pair of "Hausschuhe" to wear while I sit in front of the fireplace and consider "The Mystery of Things".

Life is what happens to you while you're sitting in front of a fireplace.


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. Padma has just texted me (she wouldn't dare to disturb me when I'm reading!) The text reads, "Perhaps you should change your socks!"