If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, May 7, 2021

Early morning

 

I love early mornings! It's a time of total peace and solitude, of feeling totally in the moment as I brew myself a cup of tea and stir the slowly cooking porridge (mustn't forget that handful of raisins and a big spoonful of honey!)

I already opened the airvent in the fireplace and the last glowing log from last night's fire is springing back into life. As am I, but slowly because that's the point of this early-morning reverie: slowness, mindfulness, peacefulness!

And what better way to continue this state of mind than to read a few more chapters in Hugh Mackay's thought-provoking book "The Good Life - What Makes a Life Worth Living?"

No, not that sort of good life! According to Hugh, the good life is not the sum of our security, wealth, status, postcode, career success and levels of happiness. The good life is one defined by our capacity for selflessness, the quality of our relationships and our willingness to connect with others in a useful way.

Read more here

 

You may not like early mornings, you may not even like porridge, but I challenge you to read Hugh Mackay's excellent book. It may even change the way you live your life!


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. As always, I found my copy of "The Good Life" in my favourite op-shop, slightly worn which is always a good sign as it means it's been read from cover to cover. You may not be so lucky and have to buy it from my other favourite bookseller, Booktopia - Australia's local bookstore.